Tanja in the finish of Nové Město race
|UCI World Cup XCO / XCE 3 Nove Mesto na Morave|
|28 May 2014|
Excuse bad quality of the sound.
- How was your race? Can you describe it and say what happened?
- Yes here in Nove Mesto it is always a very spectacular race, and the course is very nice to ride and I enjoy biking… but the racing is very fast. The uphills are very hard and also the downhills are very demanding. I started pretty well but then I needed to slow down a bit, because I don’t feel in my top shape yet. On the second to last and the last lap I was going faster and faster, and got some more positions so I finished 11th which I think is alright. I am happy that I am improving still before our next race.
- Do you find this race technical? Is it an easy race for you – technically?
- It’s technically very hard – yeah. It’s a hard one – especially when of course a rider wants to go as fast as you can. Going slowly is very very nice – some parts…just to ride it… but you’ve got to go fast so for that you need some skills.
- Does it help that you ride for a downhill team, and you train with the downhillers?
- I think yes – sometimes it really helps to have friends from downhill… to give advice sometimes for me – so we do some trainings together…for cross country you need to be good in everything. You need to be fit, you need to go fast on up-hills but also down-hills are also a factor. You need to be as fast as possible.
- What are your goals for this season?
- For now, going from race to race as good as I can and try to improve a bit. Generally I would like some time in the future to get the rainbow jersey, because that one I don’t have yet from the elite category. This year I will have another opportunity…
- Are you slowly preparing for the Olympic Games in Rio?
- I know this race in Nove Mesto already counted for the points… but it’s still far away so I’m now for focused on world cups and European and world championships – the races of this season. Then we will have to think about Rio, but of course it is in my plan to be there.
- OK thank you, and good luck for your season.