Sam in the finish of Nové Město race
|UCI World Cup XCO / XCE 3 Nove Mesto na Morave|
|28 May 2014|
Excuse bad quality of the sound.
- How was your race?
- It was amazing. I went into it not knowing what to think. From the first lap I knew it was going to be a good day. I got to the lead in the 3rd lap but unfortunately I got a flat tyre, and lost maybe 40 seconds on the flat tyre and tried to catch back up but my legs were starting to function by then… but up the climb on the next lap I had a mechanical, so it wasn’t the best mid-race but I felt like I was still going strong, and kept consistently paced and rode myself into 3rd. Amazing result! I’m so happy!
- Do you like the course here?
- I loved it! It was so cool and so many fans out there. I love the Czech Republic for the passion they have for the sport. Yeah just awesome, amazing.
- What other World Cups will you do?
- From here I go to Albstadt in Germany, and I’ll do that world cup before having a break – well a week off just to refresh the batteries, and then I’ll build up for the Commonwealth Games… then I’ll go across to Maribel for the French world cup, and from there I’ll head across to Hafjell world champs.
- So not North American world cups??
- I can’t get across to America because I’ll be at the Commonwealth Games, so I’m going to focus on that and stay fresh for Worlds.
- Will you try next year to race in the men’s elite category or will you stay in the Under 23?
- I think it’s all learning for me. I need a lot more experience before I go in to the ranks. If I feel ready I’m going to give it a go but if I’m not I’m going to stay back for another year and just get the experience I need to do well.
- Ok thank you, and congratulations on your podium place!