Post race interview - Andorra
|UCI World Cup XCO / XCE / DHI 4 - Vallnord|
|26 Jul 2013|
- How would you describe your race?
- It was a smart race. I was always pretty calm, on the wheel, trying to save energy. I had a mechanical, had a flat tire. There was a guy in front of me, he just went down in a descent. So I had to close a gap in the descent, I opened the gas and I hit a stone or something. Actually was fast course not really technical, so you underestimate some sections and boom - explosion of the tire. And I had to walk up the steepest hill and lost a lot. Then I made it to 16th - 17th. It is a pity because today I felt I was on the podium.
- Do you like this course? Was it too easy?
- It was little bit too easy. But in high altitude it was good to have short race and not too rough because you could really feel the altitude.
- This course was more natural. Do you like more natural courses or like in Bern where they build jumps etc?
- I think when you have some jumps, when it is hand-made course they look better and are better to ride. For sure we all started on natural tracks but the proper track there is cooler.
- Did you check World Cup for next year? You will have to travel a lot.
- Well it is part of the job. I mean sometimes we stay a lot in Europe sometimes we move a lot. I just want to say that we should have more races. It is not about where you go it is about having more races. I think we deserve that. World cup should be at least 10 races.
- What is your goal for World championships.
- Well, go on the podium at least. For such an unlucky season we want to have something back.